Sunday, February 20, 2011

Libya

When you have family that is far away and there are problems in the area, you worry. This is the case for my family. We have family in the country of Libya and have not heard from them in over 24 hours. The reports coming out of the area are even more worrisome. Where will this end? How many lives will be lost? What will be the final result be?

These questions plague us night and day. As an American who has learned a lot about the area over the last several years and being taught by family what are the issues they face on a daily basis makes me appreciate what I have.

Libya is a beautiful country and the people I had contact with were welcoming and just like anyone else. They have their worries and concerns about the future, their children and just existing from day to day. The ones I met were not violent but on many you could see the signs of struggling with life. I have grown to love the country of Libya and especially the family I have there now. I pray they are safe.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment